IC Publications is an award winning, pan-African media and communications group. Today, the group publishes an impressive 8 magazines in 2 languages and organises several international events focusing exclusively on the African continent. After 40+ years of reporting on Africa and its issues, our mission remains to produce relevant, world class, quality products that influence a number of sectors including academic, business and government, while captivating audiences.
The Group is expanding into new and exciting areas and is looking for a forward thinking, dynamic, versatile and experienced Commercial Director / Head of Sales for its London, UK office. This person will work closely with management to help implement new products, sales tools and motivate the current sales team to increase revenues in this highly competitive market place.
IC Publications is an energetic, entrepreneurial and multicultural organization that is passionate about Africa and its people. We pride ourselves on our ability to be flexible, nimble, creative, reactive, adaptable curious and professional.
The successful candidate will be results driven and have a solid track record of managing a sales team, developing new ideas and innovating sales strategies. The candidate will be an effective problem solver for the best possible outcome. Additionally, they must be an excellent communicator both written and oral as well as an excellent networker.
The successful candidate must have understanding of print, digital and event sales. Knowledge and understanding of the African market is imperative and speaking French is a strong advantage. The role will require some travel approximately one week every two months. This is a challenging yet rewarding opportunity best suited for those with an entrepreneurial mind set.
- Develop & implement a commercial strategy to reach targets while making the most of the sales team
- Manage, develop, strengthen and motivate the sales team including but not limited to client allocation, oversight of CRM, structuring of proposals and client negotiations
- Strengthen existing relationships with clients & agencies while seeking new beneficial partnerships
- Be proactive at finding leads & develop new business opportunities, at a market and client level
- Support the production manager with print- and production-related activities
- Oversee financial matters relating to sales (invoicing, tracking non-paying clients, etc.)
- Liaise with the editorial and other departments to ensure the commercial team works in a cohesive manner
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual in French is a strong advantage
- Strong media sales experience and negotiation skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Excellent communication skills including networking
- Experience negotiating with C level and senior government officials
- Superior planning and organisational skills
- Flexibility & adaptability to changing situations
- Strong computer, IT, budget and report-writing skills
- Strong analytical & creative thinking
- Knowledge of & experience in the African market
- Having lived in a developing nation would be an asset
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2015.
You can download the job vacancy here