The Digital & Social Media intern will play an active role in the development of IC Publication’s online community. The intern will help create and publish content that is relevant to our digital and social media platforms. The candidate should be flexible, versatile in their skills set, and willing to take on multiple tasks.
- Update Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Youtube accounts
- Respond to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions
- Post updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content following our Digital Social Media Calendar
- Monitor social media for any mentions of our brands and respond in a timely manner guided by our digital, editorial and marketing teams
- React in an agile manner to breaking news and trending topics
- Implement, follow & report our key Social Media analytics by tracking the right metrics
- Edit digital content to be published on social platform
- Picture research
- Organise and archives digital content
- Complete other digital media projects as assigned
- Track and spot new social media and digital trends
- Updating our websites via WordPress
- Sending out mailshot
- Media and tech savvy
- Knowledge of social media planning and tracking programmes (Hootsuite, Buffer etc) preferable.
- Experience with WordPress is beneficial
- SEO optimisation knowledge preferable, not essential
- Educated to degree level or currently doing a degree (Media, Marketing preferable)
- Photography/videography editing experience beneficial
- Adobe Creative Suite experience and basic knowledge beneficial
- Photoshop experience primarily / InDesign experience secondarily
- Excellent command of spoken and written English; French as a second language preferable
- Creative self-starter who is conformable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
Our company, IC Publications is one of the world’s leading sources of analysis and debate on African political and economic issues. Using a variety of platforms and services including magazines, newsletters, electronic media and international events, we deliver unparalleled coverage on the latest developments in the region.
Our reputation for providing timely and relevant information makes us the automatic first choice for Africa’s political and business leaders, but our scope goes much further: through our publications and events we reach over 2.6 million loyal customers in more than 100 countries, making IC Publications one of the world’s largest specialist media groups on the continent. Today, the Group offers magazines, events, public relations, industry intelligence and bespoke training programmes, to those interested in Africa.
Please email your CV to: email@example.com along with a short introduction as to why you’re applicable to this role.