EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY – HEAD OF INVESTMENTS
ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern
and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the needs of the insurance and
reinsurance industry within the Sub-Region. We are seeking a high calibre and results-oriented
professional to create growth, capacity, and competitive advantage in our business in the capacity
of HEAD OF INVESTMENTS
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya.
- 10+ years of experience in investment;
- Experience in leading several teams for at least 7 years;
- Previous responsibility for at least USD 200 million Asset Under Management;
- Holder of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certificate from an internationally recognised
- institute; and,
- MBA degree or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of liquid and illiquid asset classes;
- Strong network in the investment universe, especially for illiquid asset classes;
- 10+ years’ experience in understanding and optimising investment processes;
- Extensive experience in designing, aligning and monitoring investment philosophy,
- investment frameworks and guidelines.
- Asset and liability management
- Strong understanding of liability implications of an (re) insurance company for the
- investment decisions;
- Profound understanding of risk definition, measuring and monitoring procedures;
- Sound understanding of modelling approaches for liabilities and assets and the capability
- of leading quant teams.
- Experience in chairing an investment-liability committee or at least being member of such a
- committee for several years;
- Experience in steering asset management companies or an in-house asset management team;
- Experience in organizing an internal dialogue between the asset owners (insurance side) and
- the investment functions.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit applications to the Managing
Director by e-mail attaching a detailed CV with personal details of e-mail, telephone, current
remuneration and three referees by Friday 29th January 2016 to: email@example.com
ZEP-RE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff. Well
qualified candidates, particularly females, are strongly encouraged to apply.
A DETAILED ROLE (JOB DESCRIPTION) OF THIS POSITION CAN BE FOUND ON OUR WEBSITE
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED