Quantum Global is a fast growing international investment partner with unique expertise in forging gateway opportunities between Africa and international markets.
Quantum Global Research Lab’s (QGRL’s) mission is to lead innovation and excellence in the delivery of bottom-up econometric models of African economies that are embedded in African realities as tools for inclusive economic development and sustainable investment decision making. It will advance new thinking in the economics of inclusive development in Africa through steep improvements in the availability, frequency, consistency and quality of relevant data and econometric models for economic policy and investment decision making in African countries. By accumulating new trans-disciplinary data and modelling capabilities, QGRL delivers macro-economic models that take into account African realities and peculiarities, and, in turn, lead to new discoveries and opportunities for investments and innovation in key economic sectors in Africa.
QGRL’s first-tier clients are African sovereigns, global investors and other corporates who require reliable endogenous and comprehensive insights into African markets.
For its head office in Zug, Switzerland, QGRL is recruiting a leading:
Macroeconomic Modeler (m/f) 100%
Duties and responsibilities
- Advancing new thinking in macro-economic policy and investment opportunities in Africa;
- Creating and managing large scale macro-economic databases on African countries;
- Developing advanced econometric models for target African countries and third party clients;
- Customer support in developing scenarios for economic policy innovations and sustainable investments in key sectors;
- Publishing regular review articles on macro-economic trends and opportunities for policy innovations and sustainable investments in African countries;
- Building and managing a virtual network of international experts on macro-economic policy analyses and investment management with a focus on Africa;
- Acquisition of third party research mandates.
Skills and Specifications
- PHD in Economics;
- In-depth knowledge of macro-economics, econometric modeling and statistical analyses;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium (DSGE) modeling, Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) modeling, and/or Agent-based Computational Economics (ACE) modeling;
- Ability to assess quality, completeness and plausibility of economic data sets;
- Experience with relevant statistical software packages;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Extensive working experience in modeling African economies and Pan-African networks with relevant institutions;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, a working knowledge of Portuguese and/or French, and whole systems thinking capabilities will be an advantage.
We look forward to receiving your application to the attention of Mr. Francesco Falci, e-mail: email@example.com. Only direct applications with full curriculum vitae will be considered. The vacancy remains open until suitable candidate is found. All CVs will be treated as confidential.