Located in Bethesda, Maryland, Abt Associates is a for-profit government and business research and consulting firm, with experts in fields as diverse as public health, economics, survey research, environment, business strategy, education and international development. Abt’s International Economic Growth Division conducts projects in agriculture/food security, trade, monitoring and evaluation, economic development, private sector development, policy and climate change. Abt is seeking professionals at various career levels for two upcoming USAID-funded projects – Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub and Tanzania Horticulture Value Chain. For more information on Abt, please visit www.abtassociates.com.
Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub technical areas include:
- Trade facilitation/finance
- Transport/customs experience
- Export promotion
- Private sector agribusiness development
- Public and private sector partnerships
- AGOA experience
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Agricultural value chains including maize, soy, orange sweet potato, fruits and vegetables, groundnuts, and improved seeds
- Experience working on USAID projects preferred
- Southern Africa regional experience required
- University degree(s), and minimum 5 years of work experience required
- SADC nationals strongly encouraged to apply
Interested and qualified candidates, please send your CV and Cover Letter to SouthernAfrica@abtassoc.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.