President Jacob Zuma will deliver the State of the Nation Address to a joint sitting of the National Assembly and the National Council of Provinces on Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 7pm.
The address sets out government’s key policy objectives and deliverables for the year ahead, highlights achievements and challenges and maps out the way forward.
Media wishing to cover the State of the Nation Address and ceremony from Parliament should apply for accreditation by Monday, 9 January 2017 using the attached template to:
Masego Dlula firstname.lastname@example.org 021 403 8141, 081 715 9398
Nolizwi Magwagwa email@example.com 021 403 2465, 081 716 5824
NB: WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT ACCREDITATION REQUESTS AFTER 9 JANUARY.
Information that must accompany accreditation requests:
- Full name as it appears on identity document or passport
- ID or passport number (passport numbers need further information as per accreditation template, attached)
- Name of media organisation and media group
- Designation (writer, photographer, for example)
- Email address, telephone number and mobile phone number
Media requesting to broadcast from the parliamentary precinct must also provide:
- Make and registration number(s) of vehicle(s) needed for broadcast
- Service provider clearance certificates for proposed temporary broadcast-related structures
- Other equipment
- Date and time of arrival and departure