ACCA traces its history back to 1904, and prides itself on being the world’s most forward-thinking professional accountancy body. Its strategic mission is to be the global leader in the profession by providing opportunity and open access to people of ability wherever they are in the world; supporting and promoting the highest ethical, governance and professional standards; and advancing the public interest.
ACCA now has more than 219,000 fully qualified members and 527,000 students worldwide and possesses a track record of creating the innovative, strategic-thinking accountants required to meet the needs of a fast-changing world.
As a result of a change in ACCA’s governance structure, there is now a need to make two non-executive appointments to the newly-created ACCA Council Board.
The Council Board is responsible for oversight of the executive’s performance against targets and strategic outcomes to deliver ACCA’s strategy. It will be made up of nine members, and will include the President, Deputy President, Vice President, three Council Members, and the Chief Executive in addition to the two non-executive appointments.
Successful candidates could come from a wide range of different industry sectors and do not need to be accountants. The following characteristics are sought across these two appointments:
- A strong international commercial background
- Sound judgement along with the highest professional standards, integrity and reputation
- Strong perspectives regarding digital and technology trends and drivers
- Consumer understanding and brand-building experience
- Well-developed knowledge of the international business environment;
- Possess prior non-executive experience, with an understanding of strategy and corporate governance
Appointments will be for a term of three years, with the possibility of extension for a further three years. The time commitment is envisaged as being approximately 15 days per year, including a minimum of six meetings over the course of the year.
Your CV and cover letter should be sent to ACCA@kornferry.com by the closing date of Wednesday 18th September.