IC Publications is an award winning, pan-African media and communications group. Today, the group publishes 8 magazines in 2 languages and organises several international events focused exclusively on the African continent. After 40 + years of reporting on Africa and its issues, our mission remains to produce relevant, world class, quality products that influence academic, business and governmental spheres while captivating audiences.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic individual to coordinate two Award ceremonies with international entrants and participants. The position will include liaising with judges, coordinating their participation and overseeing the online submission process. The role requires a background in organising award ceremonies and the ability to prioritise, monitor and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Liaise with judges for application submissions
- Invite and follow up with potential candidates to submit Award entries
- Coordinate call for entries
- Liaise with entrants for document submission
- Oversee online submission platform and ensure information is up to date
- Coordinate award design
- Liaise with our partners, clients and members of our team
- Liaise with technical team
- Work closely with the events team in order to ensure successful delivery
- Ability to self-manage
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to changing environments
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Highly motivated and organised
- The ability to prioritise workloads and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention for accuracy and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills such as persuasion, flexibility and problem solving
- International experience, ideally with African markets, is a strong advantage and preferred
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by February 10, 2015.
You can download the job vacancy here