Position: Marketing Manager
Salary: up to £30k plus performance related bonus
Hours: 40 hours per week. Core office hours are 0900 – 1800 with one hour for lunch
IC Group is one of the world’s leading sources of analysis and debate on African political and economic issues.
The group publishes eight (8) magazines, four in English and four in French. It also produces advisory services in communication as well as produces high level events, both for third parties and its own branded events.
With 20+ nationalities operating throughout the Group, speaking 8 languages, we have a diverse and dynamic team with a proven track record in delivering outstanding solutions with a results driven approach.
Our events team continues to produce high quality events despite unique challenges and tight deadlines. We provide expertise and experience to meet even the most demanding requirements of our clients.
For more information about the company and its activities, please visit the web site at https://www.icpublications.com/
IC Events is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Marketing Manager to join its London-based events team. The successful candidate will have the chance to work on events sitting across the group’s International events portfolio.
The role is full time and suitable for a highly organised professional with experience in the production of small to large-scale, international conferences and events.
The candidate must possess a strong understanding of marketing and sales dynamics in the commercial events sector.
The group organises high level events for governments and international institutions. The position may involve some travelling, predominantly in Africa.
The successful candidate will work closely with all departments, including editorial and design, as well as the sales and commercial teams.
They will be looking after the promotion of all our products, and on multiple projects simultaneously.
This includes but is not limited to drafting the copy for our adverts, putting together our marketing and communications strategy for maximum impact. Promotion will be done on our platforms but also on other platforms and channels that will have to be developed through media and strategic partnerships.
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing, preferably in media and events;
- Solid understanding of marketing principles;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong organisation skills, good time-management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Excellent command of English;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to conduct meetings and lead discussions at a senior level, including chairing client meetings at a C-suite level;
- Strong good team player and positive attitude are critical
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Proficient in the use of MS-Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capability
- Willing to work onsite to support projects as required / appropriate
- Good administrative skills
- Utilises own initiative to resolve issues
- Must have flexible approach to work and working hours
- Strong common sense
- Develop and outline marketing and communication strategies for various products
- Develop media and strategic partnerships
- Produce copy for all artwork
- Assisting on writing effective copy such as marketing brochures and promotional materials, as well as effective copy for digital use through web and social media;
- Help produce collateral to publicise and promote the event;
- Develop social media strategy, including implementation;
- Assist in marketing activities with the aim to maximise ROI and meet targets;
- Utilising email systems, web-based software, back-end website CRM to reach existing and new contacts;
- Ensuring that the event’s website is up to date with interesting content;
Applications will only be considered from those who already have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Candidates called for interview will be expected to provide evidence of this in accordance with UK Government guidelines.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org