Talks to shine spotlight on Africa’s Public Private Partnerships
Cape Town, November 2017 – Africa’s 9th Public Private Partnership Showcase is taking place in Cape Town next week. Hosted by Peter Ndoro, this premier event will see investors, Ministers and PPP Units come together to discuss and instigate PPP projects in the aim of minimising the $93 billion dollar infrastructure gap plaguing the African continent.
One of the featured speakers, Nathaniel Munetsi, Head of Structured Finance at Gauteng Infrastructure Finance Agency says “ With the shrinking fiscal space across all levels of government (national, provincial and local), there is a greater need to look for alternative financing mechanisms for infrastructure development and PPPs are one of the mechanisms being considered.”
PPPs exist in many different industries, with each sector offering unique challenges and opportunities. This year, Africa PPP will have focused sessions with topics covering energy, transport, ports and rails, agriculture and food, manufacturing and industrialisation, centralised office accommodation, education and health, hotels and tourism, and an especially pressurised industry in Cape Town at the moment due to large scale drought – Water. This scenic city is set to run out of water by March 2018, leaving a wide gap for major prospects.
Topical debates and multiple stream sessions will cover from “Closing the funding gap – Financial mechanisms” to “Standardising PPP frameworks” with many project showcases and invite-only round robin meetings in between, involving delegates from 10 African PPP units as well as investors, decision makers and CEO’s from all around the world.
Some of the speakers include:
- Chidi K.C. Izuwah Snr Executive Director The Presidency, Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission, Nigeria
- Stanley Kamau, Head PPP Unit, National Treasury – Kenya
- Tandiswa Kankqu, Chief Director: Public Private Partnership, Treasury Department, Province
- Elifas Luaanda, Deputy Director – PPP Unit, Ministry of Finance, Namibia
- Debasish Mallick, Deputy Managing Director, Exim Bank of India
- Hon. Nonofo E Molefhi, Minister, Ministry of Infrastructure and Housing Development, Botswana
- Hon. Manthabiseng Phohleli, Deputy Minister of Health, Ministry of Health, Kingdom of Lesotho
- Peter Aborn, PPP Project Officer, Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development, South Africa
- James Aiello, Senior Project Advisor, GTAC, National Treasury, South Africa
- Nicole Algio, Regional Secretariat Manager, REEEP Southern Africa
- Dr Abdullah Alwehaibi, Chief Operating Officer, College of Excellence, Saudi Arabia
- Kevin Anderson, Global Head, Strategic Initiatives, Climate Fund Managers, South Africa
- Luis Bagorro Jr, Deputy General Manager, Biocom, Angola
- Innocent Bajiji, PPP Analyst, Rwanda Development Board, Rwanda
- Lara Bezuidenhoudt, Partner, Fasken Martineau , South Africa
- Peter Boere, Healthcare Specialist, IFC, South Africa
- Timo Bollerhey, Senior Advisor Financial Systems Development, GIZ, Germany
- Dieudonne Bondoma Yokono, President, CARPA, Cameroon
- William Dachs, COO, Gautrain Management Agency, South Africa
- Wendy Davids, Cape Regional Business Manager, SANPARKS , South Africa
- Paloma Durán, Director, Sustainable Development Goals Fund, USA
- Jonathan First, Head, Syndication Finance, DBSA, South Africa
- Beatrice Florah Ikilai, Acting Director, PPP Unit, Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, Uganda
- Sheila Galloway, Group CEO, Utho Capital
- Junglim Hahm, Regional Programme Leader, East & Southern Africa & Middle East, PPIAF, Kenya
- Penny Herbst, Strategy Director, Africa GreenCo, UK
- Kenny Hlela, Director: Tourism Investment Coordination, Department of Tourism, South Africa
Africa PPP, sponsored by Development Bank South Africa, Fasken Martineau and Miranda and Associates, opens up a unilateral platform for all the projects and industries to meet in one place. Make sure that this is an opportunity you don’t miss out on.
Africa Public Private Partnership Conference & Showcase, 23 – 24 November 2018, Cape Sun Hotel, Cape Town. www.ametrade.org/africappp.
Contact the Africa PPP Team:
W: www.ametrade.org/africappp T: +44 (0) 207 700 4949 E: email@example.com
Media queries & partnerships:
E: firstname.lastname@example.org _ T: +44 (0) 207 700 4949
Follow the latest news about #AFRICAPPP on Facebook & Twitter.
About AME Trade Ltd:
AME Trade’s business to business events provide vital practical information for companies looking to diversify and realign their business strategies to keep up with fast-moving global trends. Through sector specific and country focused events, we are now one of the leading providers of strategic business intelligence for the African, Middle Eastern and South American regions. Our services include bespoke conferences, trade exhibitions, training workshops and networking functions.
Contact AME Trade:
AME Trade Ltd
United House, 39-41 North Road, N7 9DP, London, UK
W: ametrade.org T: +44 (0) 207 700 4949 E: email@example.com
Follow AME Trade on social media with #AMETrade: